Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Halloween Matching & Memory




The game of Memory is as old as rocks (well maybe not that old, but close). Even still, it is just as fun for today’s kids as it was all those many years ago.

We made our own Halloween themed version with a sheet of foam and some Halloween foam shape stickers. It was easier than saying, “Trick-or-Treat!”

First, I selected foam shapes that I wanted to use for this project, making sure I had two of each shape so a matching pair could be found. Then, I cut the foam sheet into strips that were wide enough to easily fit the largest foam sticker. After measuring again (you know the old saying, “measure twice, cut once.”), I cut the strips into squares. Last, I placed a sticker in the center of each foam square. And… TADA! I was done!



While Memory is a fun game for a pre-schooler, a toddler may not be quite ready for the structure. Instead, we just played a Matching game (another “as old as rocks” game). For the Matching game, we place all the cards on the table face up. After one is selected, the goal is to find the matching shape.

Have a great time learning this fall!

God Bless Your Learning Journey ~


Linky Parties I've connected with...
The Felicity Jarhttps://www.busyboysbrigade.com/learning-from-each-other-blog-party-7/


Mom's Morning Coffee

4 comments:

  1. So cute! :) Very Creative.. Btw, I noticed you guys are heading to Florida.. what parts?? We live in Florida and have chickens.. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! Yes, we'll be headed to Florida mid-November. We stay in Lake Placid for the most part. What about you? My husband is planning to do some events in Florida around February. I'm not sure what part yet, but we'll keep everyone posted! P.S. I love you blog! It really speaks to me! I look forward to staying in touch with you!

      Delete
  2. These are some really great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with The Alder Collective! We are live again and would love to have you! http://www.currentlykelsie.com/2015/04/southwest-spring-break.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me back to your party and for your sweet compliments!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...