I already had on hand a good bit of cotton patterned fabric and it’s at least 5 years old, but it some of it may be 15 years old! Since this is the case, I can not tell you the names of the fabric that I used in each piece. In addition, I have been storing several boxes of clothes that I don’t wear any longer for a future yard sale. I rummaged through these boxes for some good fabric like jeans, khakis, tee shirts, etc. I even found a pattern that used the baby blankets to make PJs so I pulled those out as well. When I organized my sewing station, I found that I have a lifetime worth of thread, safety pins, straight pins, bobbins, and snaps. I had a good start of ribbons, elastic, and buttons too.
Okay... Okay... Recently, I did purchased less than $20 in supplies at Walmart where I bought some elastic, heat n bond (for applique), and ribbon. Some of the ribbon was on Clearance! YAY! But that's all... For now...
Where did I find these patterns? I think I’ve PINNED all the ones I’ve made so far as well as more I want to make in the future so you can find them HERE.
You just can't go wrong with a pillowcase dress. I made two styles. The first one shown in the picture just below where I have a bow on each side
The second style, I made the ribbon go through the opening over one shoulder and back around so there is only one bow to tie as seen in the picture below.
You can never have too many pillowcase dresses! Here's another one with matching flair pants too!
Here's the first pair of shorts I made. They have a flap over the top with a snap.
Using the pants I'm wearing in this picture from a few years ago (NO, I am not pregnant again!), I made the next pair of shorts and flair Capri pants. I also harvested the elastic in the waist band, 3 buttons, and the zipper!
Using the buttons from the above pants, I created this designed by me tank top. I sewed the body similar to a pillowcase dress, but without leaving space for the arm holes and it's shorter. I then sewed 2 straps. I stitched them together in the back and the buttons are actually just decorating as I hand sewed snaps to the opposite side. The L is my first attempt at applique and I think it turned out pretty good. I can't wait to do more! It was pretty easy except for the fact that even though I needed to create a backwards image initially, I got so wrapped up in what I was doing I forgot, so I had to do it twice.
I’m still sewing away as I have about 1 week before we hit the road again. I still haven’t decided if I want to take my sewing stuff with me on the road. Part of me wants to because I’ve had so much fun with it lately, but part of me knows that once we get down to Florida, we will be so busy it will never come out of storage and just get in the way, so my goal is to make as much as I can before we leave, but I also have other things on my list like getting our homeschool stuff together, repacking the camper with… well.. EVERYTHING and all while juggling 2 adorable, energetic bundles of joy!
HAPPY FALL Y’ALL!