Sunday, February 2, 2014

Spreading the LOVE with a "Thank You"


http://rvclassroom.blogspot.com/2014/02/spreading-love-with-thank-you.html
I am not a perfect mom. I struggle from hour to hour juggling things I need to get done with meeting the needs of my children and husband. I get overwhelmed. I get stressed out and I have mommy tantrums myself. Not something I ever thought I would do. I mean, I taught 24 kindergarteners each year in the classroom and I was good at it! I have learned that having one 2-year old is much more difficult than having 24 five-year olds. I often feel like I’m a terrible mom. I’m doing a terrible job. I don’t know what I’m doing. I pray every night that God would help me know what to do!

In my discouragement, God has spoken to me a couple of times. First, through a message by Jenae from I Can Teach My Child. Her blog post, “Untapped Resource” was a refreshing perspective. Another amazing message, "when satan steals your motherhood" by Christie Elkin, encourages you to realize where those negative messages are coming from and fight back!

Second, is in a, “Thank You.” In fact, several “Thank Yous” from some people I know and some strangers. They say, “Thank you for doing a good job.” “You’re children are so sweet. You are doing a great job.” “We love having your children in church. Thank you for bringing them.” Every time I hear one of these “Thank Yous,” I am refueled. I am uplifted and being in a better spirit also helps me cope better with those difficult 2-year old moments. 

The next time I see a mom or dad in the grocery store, at the mall, at the park or anywhere, I am going to find a way to say, “Thank You!” “Thank you for what you are doing with your children. You are doing a good job!” We need to support and encourage each other. It’s not easy raising and molding a child into a God-fearing, kind, respectful, loving adult, but it’s worth it! 

On the days you are tired and worn thin, DON’T GIVE UP! You are doing a GOOD JOB!

THANK YOU!

God bless your learning days,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...